IT Engineer – Application
About the job:
Dealflow.eu is looking to hire a motivated team of IT and Data engineers who are passionate about startups and technology and who would like to help us with investing and supporting dozens of EU-sponsored startups.
Dealflow.eu is a Venture Builder that collaborates with the €100bn framework program of the European Commission to discover and scale up the most promising European Startups. The startups are discovered by leveraging proprietary data enriched with third-party information for tech due diligence. Further validation is then gained through customer introductions. The selected companies receive funding and are sped up in collaboration with leading industry experts and venture funds.
Dealflow.eu closely collaborates with the €10bn initiative of the European Innovation Council (EIC) which provides funding for highly innovative startups that are perceived to be too early for the investment community. The startups are selected through a rigorous review process where only the best 1% of the applicants receive up to €2.5 million in grants and up to €15 million in equity match-financing. Dealflow.eu provides its support services for these selected startups and opens up its network to assist the EIC Fund*.
*The EIC Fund is the largest early-stage European investment fund. Over 80 staff are based in Brussels, Luxembourg, and other European capitals, and currently, +160 investments for around 700 million euro are under management.
What we are looking for:
We are currently hiring an engineering team (both junior and senior positions) that shares our passion for innovation and startups and that can scale up the EIC Fund’s tech stack, improve the collaboration processes and data storage, facilitate the creation of business intelligence databases and dashboards, and provide technical due diligence and consultancy for the portfolio companies.
- Create close working relationships with our team members and partners to understand their domain areas while finding ways where technology can help
- Facilitate the development of data warehouses and intelligence platforms (currently PowerBI)
- Take care of configuration, automation, and maintenance of all IT software systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Outlook), Azure, Affinity, Hubspot, AtomInvest, and WordPress
- Manage security and access control within Sharepoint and Onedrive
- Use Power Automate and Microsoft Flow to create automatic data storing and sharing principles
- Establish a support service including user training and onboarding for the EIC IT tools
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses for investment evaluation efforts
- Provide both strategic and technical counsel to portfolio company leadership teams
You can offer:
- Experience in API, microservices, and system integration architecture
- Strong knowledge of SQL (or SAS), Excel and Python (or C++, R)
- Great aptitude for developing tech and product strategies in line with the commercial strategy of the business
- Entrepreneurial mindset with eagerness to improve business processes and the ability to advise portfolio companies on their IT architecture
- Intellectual curiosity and genuine passion for startups, innovation, and technology
- Fluent in English (written/spoken)
The possibility to shape the Software Architecture for Europe’s newest and largest early stage investment fund and to work closely with our investment team, partners, and portfolio companies that are bringing cutting-edge innovations to market.
You will join an international team of experienced Growth Investors and benefit from exposure to many interesting startups. We also have the budget to hire additional IT team members (s) to support your activities.
We will offer a highly competitive salary with the possibility to work remotely or in our Lisbon Office.