Visiting Investment Analyst
About the job:
Dealflow.eu is looking to hire a motivated Visiting Investment Analyst to join its investment team in Lisbon, Portugal.
Dealflow.eu is a Venture Builder that collaborates with the €100bn framework program of the European Commission to discover and scale up the most promising European Startups. The startups are discovered by leveraging proprietary data enriched with third-party information for tech due diligence. Further validation is then gained through customer introductions. The selected companies receive funding and are sped up in collaboration with leading industry experts and venture funds.
Dealflow.eu closely collaborates with the €10bn initiative of the European Innovation Council (EIC) which provides funding for highly innovative startups that are perceived to be too early for the investment community. The startups are selected through a rigorous review process where only the best 1% of the applicants receive up to €2.5 million in grants and up to €15 million in equity match-financing. Dealflow.eu provides its support services for these selected startups and opens up its network to assist the EIC Fund*.
*The EIC Fund is the largest early-stage European investment fund. Over 80 staff are based in Brussels, Luxembourg, and other European capitals, and currently, +160 investments for around 700 million euro are under management.
About the role:
- Supporting innovative startups and their founders through various stages of their fundraising journey, leveraging operational, strategy, and financial expertise
- Developing relationships with industry leaders, accelerators, incubators, venture capitalists, and entrepreneurs for potential investment opportunities
- Managing the Dealflow.eu project to develop current and new business models such as developing a platform to discover promising startups or develop partnerships to build advisory boards
- Assisting the initial stage of the creation of a Venture Capital Fund
This represents a unique opportunity to join a growing Venture Capital Fund. The successful applicant will gain exposure to the investment and operational processes and will be given the chance to develop themselves while adding value to the portfolio companies. Apart from our own startups, we also support the EIC fund and their growing portfolio of currently 159 scale ups. We offer a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment with many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Candidates who are successful in their internship will have the opportunity to join the team through our application analyst track.
- You have a passion for technology and investing and you are familiar with Venture Capital
- You are confident in building both business models as well as growth strategies
- You have a high degree of comfort with analytics, numbers and the capability to draw decisions based on both intuition and data
- You are proactive, a self-starter but also a team player
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy networking
- You are fluent in English and in 1 other European language
- You have an outstanding degree from a top university
- You are either an EU or Portuguese citizen or entitled to work in Portugal
- The possibility to work with Europe’s newest and largest early-stage investment fund (the EIC) and to work closely with our investment team, partners, and portfolio companies which are bringing cutting-edge innovations to market.
- You will join an international team of experienced Growth Investors and benefit from exposure to many interesting startups.
- We will offer the possibility to work in our new Lisbon Office with remote opportunities.
- We will offer a competitive intern salary (€1500)
Please apply through our website and ensure to add the following items:
- Short paragraph outlining why you are interested in joining Dealflow.eu as an Investment application intern
- Short paragraph describing a startup that is of interest to you right now and why
Only complete applications will be considered.